It's an extra happy Friday, because (cue the John Williams)... the SUMMER OLYMPICS ARE HERE! I'm a big fan of the Olympics and this year, I'll be cheering on Team USA and the 10-person refugee team over the next few weeks. The Opening Ceremony is tonight, and I love seeing how happy and proud all the athletes are to be there.
Here are a few things that caught my eye this week:
- President Obama wrote a wonderful essay for Glamour this week. He says, "This is what a feminist looks like." It's great to know that the President is a strong supporter of gender equality.
- A list of 6 things to remember when you start working. I've always relied on #2 and #3, and put #1 into practice this week. I'm very guilty of making my to do tasks too broad!
- Five Really Important Things You'll Learn From Your First Job from Levo League, one of my favorite career-advice resources
- We want to cover women in as many career paths as possible, but in the meantime, Domino asked 21 people how they got their start in interior design.
- Carla Hayden was named the 14th Librarian of Congress. She's both the first woman and first African-American to hold the position. Congratulations, Carla!
- Ever wondered why eggs are sold by the dozen? Find out why!
- Finally, San Diego Comic-Con recently took place, and we loved these pictures of girls dressed up as Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Will you be watching the Olympics? What are your favorite events?