Do you ever have lots of grand plans for a very productive week, and then they get totally derailed? That's what happened to me this week. I got sick on Monday and ended up spending a lot of time sleeping or just lying quietly on the couch and the rest of the time watching cheesy movies and Simpsons dvds. So, I'm going to spend my weekend catching up on the work I didn't get to. The good news is we'll have another new interview next week! Here's what's on my mind this week...
1) The movie A Wrinkle in Time comes out today, and I'm pretty excited about it. The movie looks really cool, and it's given the world the opportunity to have director Ava DuVernay and stars Oprah, Reese Witherspoon, and Mindy Kaling (and Meg Murry herself, Storm Reid) talk about the film, the importance of representation on screen, their roles as influencers and feminists, and much more. I particularly enjoyed Reese and Mindy on Oprah's Super Soul Conversations podcast.
2) If you watched Frances McDormand's Oscar acceptance speech on Sunday, you might have noticed she closed with the words "Inclusion Rider." Wondering what that is? So did I, and here's what it is.
3) It's always fun to the see the day's Google doodle, and yesterday Google featured 12 female artists.
4) I'm always looking for book recommendations, especially fiction, and especially fiction by women. I've read a few of the books on this list of "The New Vanguard," and now I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
5) A roundup of episodes of the Brain Scoop featuring women in science at the Field Museum of Natural History
6) And finally, I'm firmly on Team Serena-is-the-GOAT, and this Nike ad captures why I'm such a fan